In this tutorial I will show you how to set up a corporate business phone system 3CX on a raspberry pi for FREE!!!.
This is fun and easy to install. So if you are interested, lets get going.
Click this link for the step by step video on setting the 3cx phone system:
Raspi OS Installation using Pi Imager:
1. Get your SD card and plug it in your PC/Mac
2. Download Raspbery Pi Imager and install
3. Open the imager and clear/erase your SD card
4. Choose Operating System -> Choose Light Version-> Write
5. This will take time! Get a cup of coffee.
6. While having coffee Download Putty or any SSH App or if you are using MAC use your terminal
7. Once Done, open SD Card and create a file and name it "ssh" Note! no extension, this SSH file will enablethe ssh feature of the Pi once booted
Installing ans Seting up 3CX:
8. Go to your Router and get the IP address of your Raspberry Pi (e.g 192.168.X.X)
9. Using Putty type your Pi IP address and connect. Default uname: pi pword: raspberry
10. Update and upgrade your raspi:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
11. Install 3cx program
wget https://downloads-global.3cx.com/downloads/misc/d10pi.zip; sudo bash d10pi.zip
12. Select 3cx -> Tab -> Spacebar to confirm
13. Assign IP and user, Select Option 1 - Using Web Browser
14. Take note of the ip address you set copy and paste, this will allow you to go the Dashboard
15. Signin or Signup in to 3cx.com and follow instruction to activate in your choosen email address.
16. Sign in and navigate to My subscription to grab the key and paste in 3cx portal (Note your pi 3cx portal)
17. Go back to your 3cx raspi portal and follow instruction, location, ip fqdn
18. Enrol your phone and also you can download the 3cx app for mobile phone.
19. Click this link to watch the actual build of the project